Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Swooning over Venetian mirrors

I have a dream.... I'm dreaming of owning an exquisite mirror!!!!

Venetian style mirrors appear to jumping out at me everywhere I go & I have an urge to put one or two in my dream house.

image via urban sardines
I would seriously love a pair like this above a double vanity in my ensuite.

Image via apartment therapy 

This would be my ultimate dream, layering venetian mirrors over a full size vanity mirror, unfortunately my budget isn't quite as big as my dreams!!!


Image via design shrine


Image via lecotefrancais




Very very nice !!!


This makes me want a chair as well!!!!


Images via decorpad

I am now on the search for two of these beautiful mirrors at a reasonable price, ready for the dream house. Any suggestion's of Aussie supplier's would certainly be appreciated!!!

Cheers
Trish xx


12 comments:

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

Love those layered over the vanity - I could definitely see that in my ensuite! Actually, they're all gorgeous. I'll keep an eye out for one for you in my travels. K xx

Unknown said...

Hi Trish! It's my first time visiting and I have to say I totally agree + am in love with the layered mirrors too! I really enjoyed your blog and I'm looking forward to following! xx

Ange said...

Hey Trish, you know how you have a "thing" for clocks? Well I have it for mirrors. Can't get enough...and these ones you've found are all gorgeous. I haven't seen any venetians at what I would call a reasonable price but I wish you luck with your search:o)
Angex

brismod said...

They are gorgeous. I've seen quite a few in blogland mostly used in bathrooms. You have to let us know if you find one. x

Jenny said...

Hi Trish, love those mirrors, thanks for sharing. When you find some at a reasonable price, please let me know!

Unknown said...

I would love to own one as well! I dream of having a pretty dressing room complete with venetian mirror and chandelier! You may want to check out Ikea they may have one for a reasonable price! xx

MrsKT said...

I love the one with the white chair too! Good luck in your search to find some :)

Michelle Vandepol said...

oohhh. such nice pics! could u put together your own with cut mirrors (sourced at a glass/mirror shop)

Dream House Trish said...

Sounds like one common thread here, we all love them, BUT, they are SO expensive its a real treat to own one!!! I will check out ikea & the glass shops, Thanks for the tips everyone & if I get onto a bargain I will be sure to shout it out LOUD!!!!!

Aimee | Irresistible Icing said...

I love the mirrors! They are devine!

Stopping by from the Bloggers Club. Great blog!

-Mimi

Elizabeth said...

Trish, there is a shop down the bottom end (just before the bridge on the other side of the road)of Morpeth that sells these mirrors. I got mine a while ago, but maybe worth a visit.

Anonymous said...

This is a very interesting site. The content is very informative and I am so glad that I dropped by. Thanks!
_________________________________
http://www.aquashieldroofingcorpsite.com

AddThis Smart Layers